Summary: Records payments to supplier’s accounts and maintains accounts receivable records. Essential Responsibilities and Duties: Responsible for the setup and maintenance of customer-supplier Applies and posts customer remittances to open accounts receivable. Collect and maintain invoices. Track...
Drivers Warehouse Position
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned.) • Oversees specific activities regarding personnel and facility issues as directed by Night Warehouse Manager including but not limited to the following:• Verifies nightly attendance and duties of warehouse personnel.•...
Global Quality Imports Inc. is one of the nation’s leading distributors of fine wines, spirits, beers, and other non-alcoholic products, and employs people who are dedicated to accomplishing our vision and goals. Global Quality Imports Inc. services the Texas wholesale beverage market with...
Global Quality Imports Inc. is one of the nation’s leading distributors of fine wines, spirits, beers, and other non-alcoholic products, and employs people who are dedicated to accomplishing our vision and goals.
We know that our success is directly related to the talented and motivated people we hire. We respect our employee’s unique skills, experiences, and views and offer our associates the opportunity to manage their careers and contribute to the success of the organization.
If you are committed to working for a company that offers challenge, competitive compensation, great benefits, opportunities for advancement, and also appreciates diversity, is socially responsible, and is regarded as one of the industry leaders, Global Quality Imports is the place for you.
Drives trucks over established routes to deliver products and collects money from customers by performing the following duties. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collects money from customers and records transactions on customer receipts.
- Safely operates a delivery vehicle ranging in size from a 16â€™ bobtail to a class A tractor-trailer from the company warehouse to customer premises and back.
- Accurately delivers invoiced products by case, pallet, or hand-stack from the delivery truck and placing said merchandise into customer account.
- Verifies receipt of correct order with the customer by checking product type and size against the provided invoice, and obtains customer signature for goods received.
- Adjusts invoices noting errors or shortages of product.
- Collects COD payments from COD customers as specified on the invoice.
- Ensures physical security of the truck at all times.
- Handles approximately 350 cases in a given day. May handle up to 700 cases during times of increased account activity.
- Delivers to approximately 18 accounts daily. May deliver to up to 25 accounts during times of increased account activity.
- Supervises one or more helpers when delivering 350 cases or more.
- Covers approximately 70 miles daily, miles occasionally increase anywhere from 150 to 300 miles during times of increased account activity.
- Listens to and resolves service complaints.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Technical Skills – Share expertise with others.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, and responds to management direction.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current Class B license, Class A preferred.
- TABC license if employed in the state of Texas
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle
- Meet company auto insurance requirements
- Spanish bilingual abilities preferred
Education and/or Experience High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum one year of delivery experience. Language Skills Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Mathematical Skills Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability, Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move more than 100 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to mechanical equipment and outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Terms and Conditions