This all-natural Lazzaroni Limoncello is still made today according to a century-old recipe – through the infusion of lemon peels into alcohol. This Italian liqueur is produced from fresh peels of the finest lemons in Italy with no added colorants. These lemons are selected for their well-balanced flavor. (Alc. 26% by Vol.) Available in 750 ML, 1 Liter, and 50 ML.
- INGREDIENTS: Water, refined European beet sugar, alcohol, infusion of non-treated lemon rinds. Minimum 200g of lemons per liter of product.
- USE: It is usually served plain, at room temperature, or chilled. Enjoyed as an aperitif or as a digestive after meals. Excellent ingredient for cocktails.
Reviews – 91 Points – International Review of Spirits – Gold Medal – Exceptional
“Hazy golden yellow emerald color. Bright aromas and flavors of lemon zest and oil with a satiny, tangy, fruity sweet medium-to-full body and a warming, nuanced, long finish with notes of honey and lemon gelato. A sensationally vibrant and pure limoncello.”
Its origins are mysterious and the theories are many, as always. Some recall the fishermen’s custom of drinking a little lemon liqueur in the morning to ward off the cold. Others speak of diligent monks intent on preserving the pleasures of life between one prayer and another when the roads were hazardous and the seas populated with plundering Saracens… Anyway, Limoncino (or limoncello) is one of the best-known and appreciated gourmet products of the Italian tradition!
AMARETTO LAZZARONI 1851 & FAMILY LAZZARONI HISTORY
Paolo Lazzaroni & Figli SpA is an Italian food company, founded in Monza in 1869, by Paolo Lazzaroni and his sons Pietro and Luigi.
Paolo Lazzaroni & Figli is one of the two food companies that derive from the Lazzaroni family: it was founded in Monza in 1869, by Paolo Lazzaroni and his sons Pietro and Luigi. Paolo was the second son of Carlo Lazzaroni (1774-1835), who had started a confectionery production business in Saronno, which was then carried on by his other son Davide (whose sons later founded D. Lazzaroni & C. ). Paolo had moved to Monza in 1852 (or according to others in 1855 ), initially creating a grocery store and then founding the company, which bought and sold spices, coffee, cured meats, chocolate, sweets, candied fruit, and liqueurs. According to tradition, the recipe for the amaretto liqueur which is sold under the brand “Amaretto Lazzaroni 1851” belongs to this era.
In 1927 the two companies of the Lazzaroni family merged into a single structure, maintaining the two biscuits and liqueurs branches. In 1984 the biscuit branch (precisely D. Lazzaroni & C. ) was sold to the American multinational Campbell’s, while Paolo Lazzaroni & Figli remained in the hands of Paolo Lazzaroni of the same name, who subsequently decided to also undertake confectionery production, creating the “Chiostro di Saronno” brand.
Starting from 2004, Paolo Lazzaroni & Figli was the subject of a long legal battle started by D. Lazzaroni & C., as soon as it began producing amaretti biscuits in Saronno (for which D. Lazzaroni & C. holds the registered trademark ” Amaretti di Saronno “). At a certain point, in 2009, the affair also saw the temporary seizure of Paolo Lazzaroni & Figli’s products, but it finally ended in 2013 with acquittal.